Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hello and welcome...

to "art on the fridge." The little blog where we archive the cute things we're excited about making and the fun times we have as sisters, artists, and friends. We get together and make stuff. And while we think the stuff we make is pretty nifty, we think that the work of our Heavenly Father is the most breath-taking and wonder-filled and anything we could create is like a little kid's art on the fridge in comparison. We are Erika and Jamie.
Meet Erika. She loves fashion and likes to sew stuff.
What inspires her:
"travel magazines. big cities. summer. pretty much anything in creation. crazy people."
Her creative hero:
"Probably God...that sounds really corny, but - yeah, he created everything creative ever."
Current project:
Purse.


Musician she loves to listen to right now:
Glen Hansard.
Favorite junk food:
Oreos.
Creative dream:
"To become a big-time fashion designer."
Favorite fictional character:
"Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes. I wish I was seven."
Desired superhero quality:
Laser-beaming eyes. Mind powers.
The craziest things she's worn:
A banana suit.
Quirk:
"In my mind, letters and numbers have personalities and genders."


Meet Jamie. She loves paper and stickers and stuff.
What inspires her:
Rainbows, ambitious people, music, movies, color, spring.
Her creative hero:
"Probably Rebecca Sower - a scrapbooker, author, and designer. She's the one that made me so excited to scrapbook because she thinks outside of the box and creates with heart and meaning."
Current project:
A stash of cards.

Musician she can't stop listen to:
"My sister gave me an Emmy Lou Harris cd and I'm really enjoying it."
Creative dream:
"I have very lofty and big dreams...I want to write, create and then write a book about creating! And, I want to become a mom - I'm pretty sure that requires some creativity."
Favorite fictional character:
"I love Dori from Finding Nemo. She's hilarious."
Superhero quality:
"To fly. And to heal people from their hurt. Together they'd be a great combo."
The craziest thing she's worn:
"I've worn my bra on the outside of my shirt to make Chris laugh. But it wasn't in public, we just rode around in the car that way!"
Quirk:
"I always say 'whenever' in place of "when" and it's a grammatical disaster. : )"

Have a good week!

No comments: